Welcome to Live from La Quinta coaching! I am a Level 1 USA Track & Field certified and registry approved coach with more than 10 years experience in training athletes. I have been the cross country coach at a local high school for nine years. I’m also an AFAA certified personal trainer, and hold certifications through IFPA in Sports Conditioning, Flexibility, Sports Nutrition, and Running.
Personally, I’ve run 35 marathons, with a personal best time of 3:16:38 (7:30 per mile – St. George Marathon). Not bad considering it took me 4:10 in my first 26.2. I’ve run dozens of races of shorter distances. My other PRs:
Half Marathon- 1:33:11 (7:06 per mile – Palm Springs Half Marathon)
15k-1:05:54 (7:05 per mile – Coronado Independence Day 15k)
10k- 42:47 (6:54 per mile – La Quinta Gem of the Desert 10k)
5k- 19:52 (6:25 per mile – La Quinta Gem of the Desert 5k)
(An interesting side note. I ran my PR in the 5k and 10k on the same day, when I did both events back to back.)
I mostly do online coaching but if you live locally in the La Quinta area we could work out some one-on-one coaching. Please contact me for more details.
Fees are $100 per month. This includes:
- an initial consultation where we’ll discuss your current fitness level, any injuries, recent training, goals, etc.
- a customized training plan for your race
- a customized strength training plan
- frequent check-ins via email to track your progress and adjust your training plan as necessary
- Several personal phone calls per week to touch base regarding your progress
- access to a coach for questions, advice and tips, racing strategies, etc.
Questions? Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org