I always love these little blogging surveys. It’s fun to learn a little more about your favorite bloggers. You may be tired of so much ME after yesterday’s post, but I was tagged by Jamie to join in the fun, so what could I do?
Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
- Shnuddy: My husband is a nickname type of guy. This one can vary, from Shnuddy to Shnud, to Shnudder pie.
- Doobie: Hey, I grew up in the 60s and 70s, what can I say.
- Blonde Bomber: Actually only once, but it has lived on in my head. Someone was mad at me at work because I wouldn’t let her do something. She made a crack about the Blonde Bomber and her attitude.
- Mom: My favorite, which may be replaced soon by “Grandma” as soon as we can get Samuel to say it.
Four jobs I have had:
- Typist: First job ever, at 14 years old.
- Server: I waited tables for quite a while. It’s a great job when you’re going to school.
- Activities Director: Yes, I was the one who set up the shuffleboard tournaments, did the crafts, and taught the water exercise.
- Personal Trainer: More than a job, a lifestyle.
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- West Side Story: I still watch this movie every few years (I think I’m about due soon). I have even see the play.
- The Wizard of Oz: It was a family tradition when I was growing up.
- Best in Show: The. Best. Movie. Ever.
- Dirty Dancing: No one puts Baby in a corner.
Four books I’d recommend:
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: I was just introduced to the Outlander series last summer, and I’m hooked. I’ve finished the second book (Dragonfly in Amber), and I’m taking a break, though I’ve already purchased number three Voyager.
- The Department Q Series by Jussi Adler Olsen: I stumbled upon this series last year and quickly read the first four books in the series. Now number five, The Marco Effect is out and I’m devouring it. The series is about the cold case department of the Copenhagen police, called Department Q, and it is written with such wit and style that you forget you’re “just” reading a mystery novel. Be sure to start with the first one, The Keeper of Lost Causes.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I read the book when it first came out and loved it. Talk about twists and turns.
- Since I’ve already given you 14 books I’m going to stop there. I will tell you that there are some affiliate links in the above recommendations (though I’ve purchased and read every book that I mentioned).
Four places I have lived:
- San Diego, CA
- Fallbrook, CA
- Palm Springs, CA
- La Quinta, CA
It sounds so boring, but hey, I’m in Southern California.
Four places I have been:
- Paris, France: And I’ve run the Paris Marathon twice!
- Florence, Italy: We purchased my wedding ring on the Ponte Vechio!
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Yes, we visited a Coffee Shop (or two).
- Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii: One of my favorite places on earth.
Four places I’d rather be right now:
- On a warm beach, listening to the waves as I get a massage.
- Murrieta, CA: Not flashy, but it’s where Samuel is.
- Paris, France: Duh.
- San Francisco, CA: If I had to live in a city, and if it couldn’t be Paris, I would choose San Francisco. I love the vibe, the liberalism, even the hills.
Four things I don’t eat:
- Dairy Products
- Eggplant: Bad vegan, I guess, but I just don’t care for the vegetarian staple.
Four of my favorite foods:
- Sugar Snap Peas: For some reason, this is my current snacking obsession. Of course I dip it in a little vegan ranch dressing.
Four TV shows that I watch:
- Dancing with the Stars: I’ve admitted it before and I’ll admit it again. Sorry, I’m not sorry, but I love this show.
- Big Bang Theory: Even though I can’t usually remember the name (I want to call it Third Rock from the Sun for some reason), I still get a kick out of Sheldon and the gang.
- NCIS: Mark Harmon. Nuff said.
- Property Brothers: I’ve really gotten into real estate shows in the last few months, and I enjoy the twin Scott brothers a lot.
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
- Samuel’s second birthday
- My next half marathon
- Yoga: Because, yes, I really will get back on my mat.
Four things I’m always saying:
- Three more! I’m a trainer and group ex instructor. That’s my standard reply when someone says, “are you counting?”
- Quiet! Seven dogs.
- Keep your eyes up: That, along with Pass her! said to my cross country team.
- Dinner! I love to cook, and we eat at home almost every night.
Four People I Tag:
Don’t despair if you weren’t tagged. You can still join in the fun! Write a post or pick a few questions to answer in the comments.