Wow! Exclamation points all over the place! That’s because I’m so excited that the Spring into Yoga Challenge starts today!
It’s simple. I know that I have a hard time keeping yoga in my life, even though I love and need it. I know that I’m not alone in this. The goal for April is to practice a minimum of 10 minutes every day. Then post a comment or photo on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #SpringintoYoga. At the end of the month, a winner will be chosen randomly from those who have completed the challenge. The winner will receive a $50 gift card to Yoga Outlet!
The first principle of yoga is ahimsa, meaning non-violence, and in my mind that includes non-violence to animals too. That’s why I’m happy to share my Super Fan status with Beyond Meat and a delicious recipe for a vegan Curried Chicken Salad. Plus you can win a couple coupons to try Beyond Meat yourself!
Vegan Chicken Salad
The folks at Beyond Meat contacted me recently to thank me for my support in previous posts, and to ask if I was interested in being a Super Fan. It’s not really a job, but I received some coupons for Beyond Meat, two of which I’m excited to share with you. In fact, there are no commitments to being a Super Fan, but I really do love Beyond Meat so I’m happy to share this recipe.
- 1 package Beyond Meat Grilled Chicken
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup prepared quinoa
- Using a fork or your fingers, shred the chicken and place in a large bowl
- Add the celery, onion, almonds, cranberries, and apple. Squeeze the lemon juice over the salad, then toss together.
- Add the curry powder, salt and pepper, then toss again.
- Mix in the vegan mayonnaise. If the salad seems a little dry, you can add a little more.
- Gently mix in the parsley.
- To serve:
- Divide the quinoa on two plates. Place a half avocado on top. Spoon the salad on top of the avocado. Sprinkle with a little paprika
This salad was delicious, if I do say so myself. It is one I will save and make again and again. Easy too.
Now if you’d like to enter to win two packages of Beyond Meat Chicken Free Strips or Beefy Crumbles to try for yourself, please enter using the Rafflecopter below.
I am an affiliate advertiser for Yoga Outlet and they will be providing the winner’s gift card prize. As a Super Fan for Beyond Meat, I received five free packages of Beyond Meat (two of which I am giving away here) and a handful of coupons. And a T-shirt.