You hear a lot about bucket lists. What are the things you want to do, places you want to visit, adventures you want to take, before you die? Before you kick the bucket. The focus is on what you haven’t done in your life. Yet.
After reading Angela’s post, I realized that if I took a moment to look at it, I have already accomplished a lot of bucket list items in my life. As she said, this isn’t meant to be a brag, a “hey, look at me” shout out, but more as a reflection on life and an appreciation for what I’ve accomplished. It reminds me that I don’t need to feel like I’m missing out on anything, and to be grateful for what I have and what I’ve done in my life.
- I’ve been to Paris. Three times. And run the Paris Marathon twice. That alone will help me die happy.
- On a one day trip to Florence, Italy, I not only got to see Michelangelo’s David, stay in an amazing (and cheap) hotel with amazing views of the city, and to run along the Arno, we also purchased my wedding ring from a gold seller on the Ponte Vechio.
- I made a career change at age 42, and started the job of my dreams.
- At that same age, I also married the man of my dreams. 1999 was a good year.
- I have hiked the Kalalau Trail in Kauai. Two days after my first marathon.
- I’ve ridden about 25 century bike rides.
- I’ve run 35 marathons.
- I’ve hiked Squaw Valley from the Base to High Camp.
- Triple Adventure: Train from Mexicali to Guadalajara, plane from Guadalajara to Mexico City, Cruise ship from Mexico City to Southern California.
- I’ve been to a “Coffee Shop” in Amsterdam.
- I’m getting published in Runner’s World (March issue, on the shelves in February)!
- I have two sons, two stepsons, two daughters-in-law, three grandsons, and one granddaughter.
- I once ran 3:16 in a marathon.
- I’ve been the overall women’s runner several times, including one memorable race when I won both the 5k and the 10k (and I have both clock plaques to prove it!).
- I got married at the finish line of the Tram Road Race (after running the race with my soon to be husband).
- I’ve run over the Seine in Paris, the Arno in Florence, across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, and a nameless bridge over the Missouri River from Nebraska to Iowa.
- I’ve sunbathed on Waikiki beach (in the old days when we used to sunbathe).
- I’ve run a speed workout on the Las Vegas Strip.
- I started a blog (5 years ago!).
I’m pretty sure I missed some of the amazing bucket list things that have happened in my life, so I plan to update this post from time to time. I’m also linking up with Angela, at Happy Fit Mama, where you will find many more Reverse Bucket Lists to enjoy. Join the fun and link up your post too! I know I’ll enjoy reading it and see what amazing things you’ve done in your life. Or, if you’re not a blogger, share a reverse bucket list item or two in the comments.